Here are our top tips compiled by you…
- Don’t think you have to run every hill.
- If your running downhill too fast try zig zagging side to side to slow the momentum.
- Make sure you stop and smell the roses. If you don’t, you may as well be running on a treadmill in a gym!
- Watch where you put your feet (but not at your feet) and expect your pace to be slower.
- Carry a small first aid kit.
- Look after your ankles with strapping and strengthening exercises.
- Always tell someone where you are going and take a phone just in case.
- Lift your feet more than on the road.
- Run with a group – you’ll be less likely to give up, find a group where pace is not an issue and everyone looks after one another out on the trails.
- Invest in a quality light for those early dark mornings.
- Always bring your buff, these beauties can be used for so many things.
- Take a sheet of toilet paper to avoid gum leaf chafe.
- Don’t be afraid to start because you think it is too hard.
But most of all remember to ENJOY it!